The Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA) is an international trade organization with over 300 member booksellers in fifteen countries. We are seeking an individual to work with us in an administrative capacity on a part-time basis. (IOBA.org)
Title: Administrative and Marketing Facilitator.
Part Time Position: Average of 10-15 hours per week
Salary: $15 to $20 an hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Requirements of applicant:
Excellent writing skills;
Knowledge of WordPress;
Ability to work independently on projects and day-to-day duties;
Marketing experience a plus;
Good organization skills and ability to work within time restraints;
Ability to access the internet, with reasonably secure Internet access and telephone availability for this on-line position.
Knowledge of books and bookselling a definite plus
This employee will report to the IOBA President and IOBA Vice President, and will work closely with the Internet Committee Chair.
Duties of contract employee could include, but not limited to:
1. Serve as primary contact person for the members of IOBA and act as a liaison for external and internal inquiries; respond to, or forward inquiries to the appropriate Committee chair or Board officer in certain circumstances.
2. Maintain and update the IOBA website to ensure that it is kept up-to-date, including weekly updates to ???What’s New??? and any changes to the Board or Committee members listed, or any documents available to members and visitors, including social media. Work with the Internet and Education committees to develop new features for the website.
3. Design and maintain an IOBA blog using WordPress, including contributing posts directly, requesting members??? contributions, and editing these contributions as necessary. Produce the IOBA monthly newsletter, the IOBA Flyleaf. Refer content when appropriate to the IOBA journal, The Standard.
4. Work with IOBA Committees and Officers, and take primary responsibility for completion of long-term projects such as manuals and project outlines.
5. Market IOBA through book fairs and other means to increase membership . Coordinate with members who are exhibiting at a book fair to make available IOBA marketing material.
6. Work with the Public Relations Committee to prepare Press Releases as needed, and to maintain a list for contacts to receive these press releases. Assist the Public Relations Committee (PR) in attracting customers to the IOBA book selling venue, including improving and enhancing the monthly newsletter featuring members??? listings.
7. Assist in obtaining new Third-party Discounts for members and promote these benefits to members.
8. We expect the actual tasks to change over time.
Please send CV or resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV or Resumes should be included in the body of the email. All attachments will be ignored.
We will begin to evaluate resumes that have been received about July 15th and will continue to do so until the position has been filled.