Fall 2002 (Vol. III, No. 3) Table of Contents
- Editor’s Notes
- the Interview: J. R. McWillians – ABooksearch.com
- Popshops Offers Merchants a New Deal
- The Interview: Andy Gutterman – MyOwnBookshop.com
- ChooseBooks.com Update
- Rhett Moran – BookAvenue
- Author Book Review: Debra L. Winegarten
- Author Book Review: Kevin Paglia
- Author Book Review: Jai Sen
- IOBA Q & A Column
- Frustrating Image Processing Roundtable
- Commonly Used Bookseller Abbreviations
- Book Fair Toolbox
- How an English Orphan Girl Became a Viscountess and Went to California
- Ephemeral Assays – The Word
- Internet Resources for Bibliographic Research: OCLC
- A Book and an Obsession – the Goldstone’s Out of the Flames
- The Dickens Reference Shelf. An Annotated List.
- 2002 Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Book Fair
- 2002 Colorado Book Seminar
- Michael Guessford – Oak Knoll Press
- Jack Allen, author of “Change of Heart”, “An Innocent Among them”
- Gary Kurtz, author of “Cold Noses at the Pearly Gate”
- Self-Interview: Sean O’Donoghue, U.K. Bookseller
- Adam Niswander, Author and Bookseller
- Ken Fermoyle, Author and Bookseller
- Marjorie Helms, author of “Not In Front of the Children”
- Anirvan Chatterjee and Charlie Hsu, BookFinder.com
- Elephant Skin
- Tom Sawyer, Creator of Record Manager, BookMaster, BookMate and now BookWriter
Email: Kevin@krpaglia.net, or http://www.krpaglia.net
Current Publisher: Publish America
“Exile”, published April 15, 2002, Publish America, trade paperback, Christian Sci-fi
SYNOPSIS OF CURRENT BOOK/WORK
For most of his life, Mathias had been haunted by the dreams of his father’s death, murdered on the Senate floor for embracing Christianity. On the run with his mother for twenty years, Mathias has adapted to his life in hiding, knowing that as soon as he reappeared in society he will be destroyed by Nezzar, the powerful artificial intelligence who cannot accept the Christians’ beliefs and sees their faith as a threat to its power.
Mathias is shaken from his chosen path when a dream sparks questions about the God his father died embracing. The same God was now asking Mathias to free His people, feed His people, and lead His people to a new life. Captured and imprisoned with them, Mathias hears the truth of Christ. Relying on their faith and his own will to overcome any obstacle, Mathias leads them in an escape with divine assistance.
Mathias’ journey brings him back to the Earth system where he makes a life for himself on the black market port known as the Dutchman, meets the love of his life, Ria, and grows in his understanding of God’s mission for him. Accepting that mission takes him to an extermination camp to save friends and spread his faith to nonbelievers through God’s love, after which Mathias finds himself back at the Earth Senate where his father died for his beliefs to finish the message his father started.
“Exile” is $19.95, available through Publish America #ISBN 1-58851-874-4.
Kevin R. Paglia
Author of “Exile”
I started my writing habit at the tender age of seven; basically as soon as I could make coherent sentences I started writing. It evolved along the normal lines of a few short stories to poetry, a play, an eleven-year-old attempt at a novel and finally into an adult love affair with writing. I always loved science fiction and even hand wrote a trilogy but while I loved the material the story just wasn’t there. When I decided to mesh my love of writing and love of God together, the stories came together. Christian sci-fi may seem odd at first, it is rare to find any futuristic Christian story line that does not deal with the end times, but when space exploration starts there will be Christians out there and I wanted to throw out stories that would inspire them like Star Trek did for its generation. For me the greatest honor in the world is to have a reader tell me how much they enjoyed my book and it made them think on a spiritual level.
When I’m not writing I love to play with my two boys. I am a stay-at-home daddy, so I have the honor of watching them grow up. I also love to play golf, play video games (political strategy games at the moment) and, fine–I’ll admit it, watching T.V. My wife and I are involved with Marriage Encounter as well, so as a presenting couple we are constantly working on updating our presentations. Since we live between in-laws (Moscow ID and Bakersfield CA), our travel time is spent taking the boys to see their grandparents. I wanted to provide a resource for readers to get to know me so I have a web site (http://www.krpaglia.net) that has a page specifically devoted to informing people about me from favorite food to school to music I enjoy.
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website