Fall 2003 (Vol. IV, No. 3) Table of Contents
- Call for Replacement Cancelled!! New editor on the way
- New Orleans Mysteries Are Music to My Ears!
- Trussell’s Books and Book Collecting Site, and EcletiCity
- Penny selling
- The New Three Rs: Readin’, Ritin’ & Rote
- Book Cover Designs From A Century Ago Inspire A New Line of Personalized Bookplates
- Using online-offerings by antiquarian booksellers in the library
- Addiction or?
- Sort, Throw, Save, Publish?
- Family Ephemera
- Bookselling – Past And Present, On and Off Line
- Nevermore – How it Started
- The Return of AB Bookman
- The Supreme Court Upholds the Children’s Internet Protection Act
- Neither a Collector Nor a Saver Be
- Global Book Town, and Ken’s Book Rack
- Ephemeral Assays-Paper Rooseveltiana
- Reading and collecting Science Fiction Books in the GDR – A personal view
- Book Review: Prelude To Tragedy – Vietnam: 1960-65
- Palm Leaf Books
- BookExpo America Draws Excellent Crowds in L.A., Wows Your IOBA Reporter
- Bar codes in the Used-Book Business
- Printer’s Row- Always An Adventure!
- Cooperstown NY Antiquarian Book Fair, June 28th
- Gold Rush Book Fair, held May 17, 2003
- San Diego 15th Annual Open Air Book Fair
- The Classiest Book Fair in the Midwest
- So you want to be a bookseller?
- Midwest Bookhunter’s Spring Book Fair
- IOBA Q & A Column
- Book Seminars and Book Towns
- 2003 DIY Book Festival Open To Independent Publishers, Authors
- Enjoy Cable-Free Net Access With Wi-Fi Mobile Technology
- Proposed Reference Book Workshop, Fall 2003
- Bibliology, and other smaller book databases
- 2003 Macavity Award Nominees Named
- Deanna Ramsey : Hosting & Site Design for Booksellers
- Early Registrants Get Perks at Left Coast Crime 2004
- Book review: Judgement by Wade Hunter
- Book review: Department Thirty by David Kent
- ChooseBooks.com has been busy adding new services this summer
- BiblioDirect has a new look!
- A Last Minute Rant From The Editor (no editor’s notes this issue)
|Opening to San Diego Open Air Book Fair (University & 5th, looking south down 5th Avenue)|
The 15th Annual San Diego Booksellers Association Open Air Book Fair was held on June 8th, 2003, with glorious sunny weather and about 7000 people roaming the booths of the 56 new and used booksellers, publishers, authors and literacy groups.
|Pacific Rim Press’s Booth|
Thanks are due to the volunteers from the San Diego Booksellers Association and from the Hillcrest Business Association, for the time they spent making sure the Book Fair went off smoothly. Sponsors of the Fair were Harcourt Trade Publishers, Baker & Taylor, Ingram Book Co., Brilliance Audio, Ben & Jerry’s and the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Authors Jean Ferris, Randy Wayne White, Mary Yukari Waters, J. F. Freedman, Diane Leslie and Ann Taylor Fleming, Abe Opincar and T. Jefferson Parker all held “author events” during this one day Fair.
Lots of folks really seemed to enjoy seeing how many of their fellow citizens enjoy reading and words!
|San Diego Booksellers Ass’n Appraisal Booth|
|Materials for the ‘Zine Making Workshop|
|Starbucks meets a traditional sewing frame used by a bookbinder|
|T. Jefferson Parker, author, speaking at his ‘author event’|
By: Kris Nelson
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website