Spring 2008 (Vol. IX, No. 1) Table of Contents
- Live Free or Die: A Book Dealer’s Travels in New Hampshire
- Buying Inventory on the Internet from Overseas Dealers
- Time and Again: A Fraudulent Book Purchase on Ebay
- Bruce Gventer of B&S Gventer Books and Ephemera and babf Promotions
- The Hard Way
- Insurance for Bookdealers
- Book Hunter Press
- Really Useful Phone List
- Sam Heitman of Naples Books, Inc.
- Mark Sugen of Sugen & Co. Film & TV Tie-Ins
- Michelle Black Reagan of Everleaf Books
- Happy Hits
- Pray Tell, Private Hell
- Images of Book Culture
- Auction Action
- House Calls
- Harry Hansen
- Book Store Labels: F. Loeser & Co., Brooklyn, NY
- Bookplates: St. Andrew’s Society Library
Excerpts from recent online book descriptions:
– Very Good + in god DJ. [A book on John Baptist de La Salle.]
– Slight sunfade to spine end, background color only not the words. It has faded to a light purple color and looks good still with red lettering (not faded).
– A spill stain on the cover dose no damage to the rest of book.
– Book is pretty nice, the dj is kind of ratty.
– So much beaurocratic Bla-bla that I can’t figure who the actual publisher is.
– Page 533 has chip on side of page, no words affected. The rest of book id great and this flaw is not large. The low price compensates for it.
– Spine, edges inside border of endpapers all seem to have soil from smoke.
– Hardback about very good condition (front & rear end pages torn out).
– Like New. May be shiny, in some instances dust jackets are not included, no missing pages, no damage to binding, may have a remainder mark.
– Our feedback rating says it all: Five star service and fast delivery! We’ve shipped four million items to happy customers, and have one MILLION unique items ready to ship today! [Actually at four stars.]
– Not a bad copy overall, but toms of little things wrong with it. Worst fault is a brown stain from pp 64-70 top and bottom edges and in the gutters of the pages, bad on pp 66-7, from a very acid bookmark.
– ******SHOWS SIGNS OF AGING*********************.
– Ugly brown vertical streak on dedication page, neat inscription on front endpaper.
– VERY EX-LIBRARY, STAINS.
– The images are excellent but the edges of pages (in the white) look like someone with coal dust on fingers have paged the book.
– Goof Condition. [My own, thank you very much.]
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website