Spring 2004 (Vol V, No. 1) Table of Contents
- What’s your best price?
- Editor’s Swan Song & Announcement of New Editor(s)
- eBay Bookselling
- Campaign to Amend USA Patriot Act Grows
- Advance Look at 2004’s Big Bookselling Story: Amend Section 215 of the Patriot Act
- Buying And Selling Autographed Books – Past, Present & Future
- Safe shopping on eBay?
- Ain’t No Gold In Them There Hills – Book Buying in Appalachia
- New Age Book Sellers
- Things You Don’t Know Can Cramp Your Style
- Searching for Ulysses in Greek Or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Current Stats for Used Book Market
- Libraries I Have Known and Loved
- Forgotten Americana – The Women’s Suffrage Movement
- Ephemeral Assays: George the First
- Setting Up Your Own Internet Book Store
- Touring the Library of Congress
- Samuel T. Freeman’s Catalog: Pros/Cons of CD vs. Print Version
- The Alibris Pricing Tool
- IOBA Q & A Column and an unanswered question
- New Price Guide for Paperbacks Available
- Trade Names
- BookWriter Professional: Flagship Software for Booksellers
- 15th NYC Collectable Paperback & Pulp Fiction Expo
- 31st Annual Rochester Antiquarian Book Fair
- A Michigan undertaker/poet deals with the humor and pathos of death
- New York Is Book Country Fair
- Seattle Fair Continues Success in a Tough Economy and Looks to Future Additions
- 19th Annual Denver Book Fair
- Fall 2003 MARIAB Book Fair: Making a Regional Fair Work
- Sacramento Book Fair
- Pasadena Book Fair
- The Tattoo Encyclopedia: A Guide To Choosing Your Tattoo
- 25th Annual Colorado Book Market Seminar
- Postcards of Nursing: A Worldwide Tribute
- Burke’s Dave Robicheaux Chases Demons Down Purple Cane Road
- Walter Mosley, Sharan Newman And Monterey, Too! That’s What Left Coast Crime 2004 Promises
- Book Deodorizer
- Changes at TitlesDirect.com, Inc.
- Rozan’s Winter and Night WinsTop 2003 Macavity Mystery Award
- Hijacking Elvis Cole & Joe Pike Is a Crime, Claims Popular Mystery Author Robert Crais
- New Features at TomFolio.com
- Books & Collectibles Updated Services
- ChooseBooks.com Celebrates First Anniversary and continues to expand services
- Global Book Mart: New Fee Schedule in 2004
The Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association sponsored its 19th Annual Book Fair August 1 and 2, 2003. With more than 80 dealers from across the country, the Fair is the biggest antiquarian book event in the Rocky Mountain west. This year’s event included celebrity limerick readings and panel discussions on children’s literature and Edward Abbey.
Dates for the next fair are August 6 and 7, 2004.
Scenes from the 19th Annual Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Book Fair August 1 and 2, 2003
“Gentleman Jim” Arner of The Book Ranch, Evanston, WY, chats with Western mystery author Robert Greer. Greer contributed to the Celebrity Literary Limerick Reading held before the fair opened.
Lois Harvey, fair coordinator and owner of West Side Books in Denver, poses with a few literary friends.
Roger O’Connor of Mostly Books in Pittsburgh, KS, chats with Dan Larson of Colorado Pioneer Books in Englewood, CO.
Sam Gottlieb of Camelback Books, Scottsdale, AZ, poses reluctantly.
Tony Delcavo of Bella Luna Books, Castle Rock, CO.
Richard Mori of Mori Books in Amherst, NH.
RMABA’s crack security team – Chuck Yeager, Gretchen Bryant and David Kinnaman – watches over the exit.
Panel discussion on Edward Abbey – “From Walden Pond to the Monkey Wrench Gang.” Tony Delcavo, Luis Urrea, Ken Sanders, and Gary Penely.
Today’s Children’s Books Discussion Panel. Bob Topp, owner of the Hermitage Bookshop, introduces Michael Hague, one of the most collectable of children’s illustrators working today, Cheryl Scheer, children’s materials selector for the Denver Public Library, and Mildred Pitts Walter, noted children’s author and recipient of the Coretta Scott King Award in 1987.
Members of the Guild of Bookworkers, Rocky Mountain Chapter, showed off their skills. Here, Ray Tomasso is demonstrating paper-making.
|Tom Parsons is showing some of his small press creations and Linda Bevard is demonstrating the press.|
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website