Spring 2004 (Vol V, No. 1) Table of Contents
- What’s your best price?
- Editor’s Swan Song & Announcement of New Editor(s)
- eBay Bookselling
- Campaign to Amend USA Patriot Act Grows
- Advance Look at 2004’s Big Bookselling Story: Amend Section 215 of the Patriot Act
- Buying And Selling Autographed Books – Past, Present & Future
- Safe shopping on eBay?
- Ain’t No Gold In Them There Hills – Book Buying in Appalachia
- New Age Book Sellers
- Things You Don’t Know Can Cramp Your Style
- Searching for Ulysses in Greek Or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Current Stats for Used Book Market
- Libraries I Have Known and Loved
- Forgotten Americana – The Women’s Suffrage Movement
- Ephemeral Assays: George the First
- Setting Up Your Own Internet Book Store
- Touring the Library of Congress
- Samuel T. Freeman’s Catalog: Pros/Cons of CD vs. Print Version
- The Alibris Pricing Tool
- IOBA Q & A Column and an unanswered question
- New Price Guide for Paperbacks Available
- Trade Names
- BookWriter Professional: Flagship Software for Booksellers
- 15th NYC Collectable Paperback & Pulp Fiction Expo
- 31st Annual Rochester Antiquarian Book Fair
- A Michigan undertaker/poet deals with the humor and pathos of death
- New York Is Book Country Fair
- Seattle Fair Continues Success in a Tough Economy and Looks to Future Additions
- 19th Annual Denver Book Fair
- Fall 2003 MARIAB Book Fair: Making a Regional Fair Work
- Sacramento Book Fair
- Pasadena Book Fair
- The Tattoo Encyclopedia: A Guide To Choosing Your Tattoo
- 25th Annual Colorado Book Market Seminar
- Postcards of Nursing: A Worldwide Tribute
- Burke’s Dave Robicheaux Chases Demons Down Purple Cane Road
- Walter Mosley, Sharan Newman And Monterey, Too! That’s What Left Coast Crime 2004 Promises
- Book Deodorizer
- Changes at TitlesDirect.com, Inc.
- Rozan’s Winter and Night WinsTop 2003 Macavity Mystery Award
- Hijacking Elvis Cole & Joe Pike Is a Crime, Claims Popular Mystery Author Robert Crais
- New Features at TomFolio.com
- Books & Collectibles Updated Services
- ChooseBooks.com Celebrates First Anniversary and continues to expand services
- Global Book Mart: New Fee Schedule in 2004
By: Ann Brebner & Paul Anderson
Books & Collectibles offers all the normal book listing services available on the internet: searching via Bookfinder, Addall and BuyUsed; seamless search facilities via your web site; secure ordering; free database for listing; and promotions.
Books & Collectibles also offers to its dealers the ability to on-sell all the 3 million books listed on our site.
It works like this:
On your home page, Books & Collectibles will supply links to your stock with search and secure order facilities.
If a customer or one of your staff searches your home page for a title and it can’t be supplied from your stock then the search continues on and searches all of the 3 million books listed on Books & Collectibles and, if found, the title is displayed with your margin added onto the price.
Your customer can then order this book and you will get an email order for it. Here you can elect to order it yourself directly from the dealer who stocks the book, requesting the usual dealer discount and drop shipping etc. or, if you have a large number of these orders, you can process the order through Books & Collectibles where we can bill you once each month for all your orders (saving you the problem of tracking many cc transactions to many dealers).
We have collectibles now listed on our site. We are still working out the best ways to display the listings, but we are accepting new dealers. We are giving dealers who list their books with us under yearly listing free collectibles listings while we build up our collectibles customer base.
Any questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website