Spring 2004 (Vol V, No. 1) Table of Contents
- What’s your best price?
- Editor’s Swan Song & Announcement of New Editor(s)
- eBay Bookselling
- Campaign to Amend USA Patriot Act Grows
- Advance Look at 2004’s Big Bookselling Story: Amend Section 215 of the Patriot Act
- Buying And Selling Autographed Books – Past, Present & Future
- Safe shopping on eBay?
- Ain’t No Gold In Them There Hills – Book Buying in Appalachia
- New Age Book Sellers
- Things You Don’t Know Can Cramp Your Style
- Searching for Ulysses in Greek Or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Current Stats for Used Book Market
- Libraries I Have Known and Loved
- Forgotten Americana – The Women’s Suffrage Movement
- Ephemeral Assays: George the First
- Setting Up Your Own Internet Book Store
- Touring the Library of Congress
- Samuel T. Freeman’s Catalog: Pros/Cons of CD vs. Print Version
- The Alibris Pricing Tool
- IOBA Q & A Column and an unanswered question
- New Price Guide for Paperbacks Available
- Trade Names
- BookWriter Professional: Flagship Software for Booksellers
- 15th NYC Collectable Paperback & Pulp Fiction Expo
- 31st Annual Rochester Antiquarian Book Fair
- A Michigan undertaker/poet deals with the humor and pathos of death
- New York Is Book Country Fair
- Seattle Fair Continues Success in a Tough Economy and Looks to Future Additions
- 19th Annual Denver Book Fair
- Fall 2003 MARIAB Book Fair: Making a Regional Fair Work
- Sacramento Book Fair
- Pasadena Book Fair
- The Tattoo Encyclopedia: A Guide To Choosing Your Tattoo
- 25th Annual Colorado Book Market Seminar
- Postcards of Nursing: A Worldwide Tribute
- Burke’s Dave Robicheaux Chases Demons Down Purple Cane Road
- Walter Mosley, Sharan Newman And Monterey, Too! That’s What Left Coast Crime 2004 Promises
- Book Deodorizer
- Changes at TitlesDirect.com, Inc.
- Rozan’s Winter and Night WinsTop 2003 Macavity Mystery Award
- Hijacking Elvis Cole & Joe Pike Is a Crime, Claims Popular Mystery Author Robert Crais
- New Features at TomFolio.com
- Books & Collectibles Updated Services
- ChooseBooks.com Celebrates First Anniversary and continues to expand services
- Global Book Mart: New Fee Schedule in 2004
It is a year since ChooseBooks.com made its official launch. It has been an exciting, busy year.
During our first year we needed to concentrate on adding features to the site and encouraging booksellers to list their inventory so customers would find items when they search.
We now have over 1,000 booksellers and 7 million items in inventory. As we enter our second year, we can concentrate more of our resources on increasing orders and bringing new customers to http://www.choosebooks.com
One of our several new marketing directions is exploring joint ventures with companies that serve our targeted markets. In October we entered into our first joint venture agreement with Booksforever.com.
Gaylord Bros., a company that has served the library and archival community since 1896, established Booksforever.com in 2003. Their goal is to meet the needs of book collectors and archivists for products to repair, protect and preserve books. Since Booksforever and ChooseBooks are non-competitive and since we both target the book collector and archivist communities, we have agreed to promote each other’s services in relevant marketing.
Choosebooks.com – the first book site with a Buyer Rewards program for those who register. http://www.choosebooks.com
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website