Spring 2004 (Vol V, No. 1) Table of Contents
- What’s your best price?
- Editor’s Swan Song & Announcement of New Editor(s)
- eBay Bookselling
- Campaign to Amend USA Patriot Act Grows
- Advance Look at 2004’s Big Bookselling Story: Amend Section 215 of the Patriot Act
- Buying And Selling Autographed Books – Past, Present & Future
- Safe shopping on eBay?
- Ain’t No Gold In Them There Hills – Book Buying in Appalachia
- New Age Book Sellers
- Things You Don’t Know Can Cramp Your Style
- Searching for Ulysses in Greek Or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Current Stats for Used Book Market
- Libraries I Have Known and Loved
- Forgotten Americana – The Women’s Suffrage Movement
- Ephemeral Assays: George the First
- Setting Up Your Own Internet Book Store
- Touring the Library of Congress
- Samuel T. Freeman’s Catalog: Pros/Cons of CD vs. Print Version
- The Alibris Pricing Tool
- IOBA Q & A Column and an unanswered question
- New Price Guide for Paperbacks Available
- Trade Names
- BookWriter Professional: Flagship Software for Booksellers
- 15th NYC Collectable Paperback & Pulp Fiction Expo
- 31st Annual Rochester Antiquarian Book Fair
- A Michigan undertaker/poet deals with the humor and pathos of death
- New York Is Book Country Fair
- Seattle Fair Continues Success in a Tough Economy and Looks to Future Additions
- 19th Annual Denver Book Fair
- Fall 2003 MARIAB Book Fair: Making a Regional Fair Work
- Sacramento Book Fair
- Pasadena Book Fair
- The Tattoo Encyclopedia: A Guide To Choosing Your Tattoo
- 25th Annual Colorado Book Market Seminar
- Postcards of Nursing: A Worldwide Tribute
- Burke’s Dave Robicheaux Chases Demons Down Purple Cane Road
- Walter Mosley, Sharan Newman And Monterey, Too! That’s What Left Coast Crime 2004 Promises
- Book Deodorizer
- Changes at TitlesDirect.com, Inc.
- Rozan’s Winter and Night WinsTop 2003 Macavity Mystery Award
- Hijacking Elvis Cole & Joe Pike Is a Crime, Claims Popular Mystery Author Robert Crais
- New Features at TomFolio.com
- Books & Collectibles Updated Services
- ChooseBooks.com Celebrates First Anniversary and continues to expand services
- Global Book Mart: New Fee Schedule in 2004
By: Lisa Martin
After much debate, we have decided on the fee structure for GBM. The new fee structure took effect on January 1, 2004.
We will be offering secure credit card ordering via the GBM Direct program.
Listing fees will be commission based:
No charge to upload inventory.
Commissions based on sales figures as follows:
During a calendar month the first $25.00 in sales are commission free.
From $25.01 to $500.00 is 10% of the sales total (for $500.00 sales our commission will be $48.00).
For sales total in a month over $500.00 our commission would be 5% (for $1000 sales total our commission would be $73.00).
Some of the other services we will be offering may have additional fees.
Details are available at the website. www.gbmbooks.com Click on the “Dealer’s Application” link, which gives you the details.
Questions and Comments: email@example.com
Check out the Independent Online Booksellers Association Website